Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Prose- 2006


To Be Like A Tree

I Want my Life to be Like a Tree
Strong
Rooted
Grounded
Sure
Able to Withstand Powerful Storms with Grace
Growing
Reaching
Climbing
Striving
Opening
Expanding
Widening
Always Toward the Light
Giving
Protecting
Providing
Safe to Land, Lean, or Climb
Bear Good Fruit
Rings of Growth for Every Year
Withstand Seasons of Change with Ease
Work Through and Around Obstacles
Individual
True to Nature
Able to Stand Alone or in Community
Giving Even in Death-
Testimony
Legacy

2 comments:

Emily Utt said...

Nice prose. So, if you could be a tree, what kind of tree could you be?

I'd be one of those car freshener trees because they smell so good. ;)

No really, I'd be a quaking aspen. I love those things. I see one and I'm instantly transported to a mountain meadow.

The McKameys said...

Beautiful. Love the shape with the roots bigger than the top, very grounded you are. LUL