Friday, April 18, 2008

The Date

On Easter I promised to take my niece Jody bowling. Just her and I. Finally I got my act together and made it to Lehi for our date. Apparently, Andrea (my sister-in-law) had to intervene to keep Jody from calling me everyday this week to confirm our date. She was up, dressed, and ready to go by 8am. I wasn't coming until noon. She was a little excited.
Look below to see some of the fun.


The Pink Princess striking a Pose.
(Jody's favorite color has always been pink- and she needs no cuing to pose for the camera)
We started off the bowling extravaganza with the ramp for kids- after a while Jody ditched the ramp and went with her own brute 6 year old strength- the ball went slower but better.


Just the two of us!




This video is the bowling frame #9. Jody got a spare. But that was not good enough for her. In the last frame Jody topped it off with a strike using a "run and toss" method. In the end the score was Jody 107 and Aunt Heather 124. (We won't mention the bumpers for Jody.)

Of course there had to be ice cream to top off the date. Jody was very specific- vanilla with oreos mixed in.

Thanks for the date Jody. I love being your aunt!

No comments: