Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Steven Koester

One of my favorite dance concerts ever was choreographed by Steven Koester. I was enthralled. I loved the motion; release, contrasted by sharp lines of classical technique. It was visually stimulating, emotionally captivating, and fun. I found myself moving in my seat with the dancers. Last night I understood more fully why I loved the concert so much. I took a dance class taught by him last night. Although a little awkward putting a new movement style onto my body- I loved it. It made kinesthetic sense to me and I felt alive. Even more than usual for dancing. Not all dance is created equal, especially not all forms of modern dance. His style just felt like it fit on me. I can only imagine how it would feel after a few more classes when his movement style is no longer new to me. Hopefully fates will align and I can take more soon. I was sweaty, red faced, lungs burning, and had difficulty making it up the stairs at home afterwards- just the way I like it. I will not push myself that hard doing anything else. So Hooray! and Praise the Lord for chances to live life more fully!

No comments: