Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Skinny Odds

I have a superpower. When my body gets stressed I drop weight like no ones business. Interestingly enough, my superpower to lose weight doesn't work when I am trying. Recently due to illness, stress, and complications from my illness- resulting in an obnoxious restricted diet- I have begun to disappear. People give me a lot of mixed reactions to my weight loss. I admit I have my own mixed feeling regarding the matter. It is frustrating when nothing fits. But the point behind this blog is not a psychoanalysis of my body image. --- I was discussing with Anya that I need to give in and buy some new pants. I may be on this diet longer than I expected- meaning- I won't be gaining any weight back soon. She said " Then what are you going to do? Put them in your closest for the next time you are skinny? Well some people have fat clothes, you just have skinny clothes. What are the odds?". I was so excited. It may not be the most profound "odds" moment but it still made me happy.

No comments: