Monday, April 28, 2008

The Lord is Mindful of Me

I had absolutely no intention of making my blogs spiritual in nature. I am surprised at how much I have already written that is spiritual or religious in nature. Not everything I do is spiritual its just that these experiences stand out to me and have an urgency to be recorded. Far more important to me than the fact that I only saw 8 pts today because 5 cancelled- some(most) are getting better and others I'm still pondering how to help them. Some days I feel smart and capable- perhaps even good- and others I feel like a failure at work. It is always amazing to me how 1 failure completely overshadows everyone else that is doing better. But I digress.

Not that I thought letting go would be easy... I am just frustrated that I was right about how hard it is. I am constantly returning to where I started. I was particularly frustrated tonight and informed the powers to be of my dilemma. -- Then I started getting ready for tomorrow. I had debated whether or not to go to the ward temple baptisms in the morning. Plenty of pros and cons- well, sleep being the primary con. I can easily justify to myself not going because I spend 6 hours a week as it is in the temple. But somehow the temple won out. Because I have to go straight to work afterwards I pulled out a bag to pack somethings to enable me to get ready at the temple. In the process I opened a side pocket and found some papers. Not just any papers mind you... there was a receipt inside that I had been looking for for a month. Somehow I manage to get on a "suspicious" list for my FSA. (flex spending account) For every "purchase" this year from blood lab tests to prescriptions filled I have received a letter demanding a receipt as proof of acceptable FSA use. In the mail today was my third and final notice stating that if I don't turn in my pharmacy receipt then they will bill me the $80 charge. Honestly, I had given up trying to find the receipt. I knew I didn't throw it away, but it wasn't to be found. I was slightly stunned when while putting things together for the temple I found the receipt. This isn't a bag I use much and a week later would have been too late. As I looked at the receipt, (which I never even prayed for help to find) I gained the peace and comfort I needed. I knew God had given me a gift to tell me he is mindful of me and my needs even though I can't always see it. He hears and answers my prayers. I had prayed tonight that I may in my scripture reading find a story to remember- to help and strengthen me. Instead, he gave me my own story. Small and simple as it may be- yet, it is by small and simple things that great things come to pass.

1 comment:

SRA said...

It is really important that experiences like this be recorded. It says in my patriarchal blessing that I need to keep a journal so I can read it in the future & reflect on what the Lord has done for me in my life. I think entries like this will do that for you as well. Thanks for sharing.