Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Unraveling of Self

I wonder if I will live long enough to learn everything about myself. Is it not amazing, the layers of self we discover as we encounter new circumstances, experiences, juggle time, and proceed through life? This itself bears witness to me of the eternal nature of the soul and the plan of salvation. If I was a blank slate at birth, how could there be so much to discover? The only way for me to understand this "unraveling of self" I experience throughout life is through the concept of premortality. Heaven- where I lived, learned, grew and became before I was born. All of that is still a part of me. However, with the veil covering my memory, it is in the process of life I discover who I am. All this personal philosophy and pondering emerged because once again, I am discovering something about myself...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could write as well, and post mid-night (for this and many others I note. -- Be careful of what you discover about yourself >12PM).
V

Anonymous said...

12pm is noon...