Monday, August 25, 2008

Costa Rica Revisted... and some random things

Somewhere between writing my blog last night, flipping around in bed from stress dreams to now -I have managed to arrive! I've let it go and I'm just excited to go. No matter what- it is going to be fun. I think the tipping of the scale came from the realization I had at work... I won't be here on Friday... sealed the deal. And better even than not being at work-- I'm not going to be in the country!





I have decided to take some cooking classes! I am so excited- I have finally been able to admit to myself - I really like to cook- shockingly enough. I may not like dealing with feeding myself 3+ times a day, but I do like to create in the kitchen- even if it is only recreating a tried and true recipe. I want to know more! So... I did a little research and found somewhere that has one night cooking classes throughout every month. I want to pick one once a month... I am brought to life with the idea of learning something again. When I graduated with my Masters I thought I would never want to go back to school-- ever. 7 years of college with little break. I was fried. My dad warned me I would change my mind... Don't you hate it when your parents are right. 5 short years and I am pining to go back and be learning again. I'm starting with cooking classes and then we'll see what else I can fit it.

Look at my new toy!!!








I admit it was somewhat of an impulse buy. The girls asked me to go shopping with them- I had no plans to come home with this beautiful piece... but for $70!! How could I say no? I know, I need to polish of the finger prints... But it complete the transformation of our front room. No more ugly cart holding our movies!


Need to write a blog about Curtis Matsko- but not sure yet what to write- it is the oddest of tales- already. Okay- it is a typical Heather tale -already. But apparently I enjoy mixing things up a little. For all my family who may be excited about me mentioning a new male in my life- it's not that kinda story. No- really... it's not that kinda story. I really do have a random life. What are the odds-- Curtis taught Mitch McKamey- as in Kate McKamey's (my old roommate) husband to swim. Doesn't everyone need a wealthy, writer, yogi, and traveling man as a friend? Here are a couple of my favorite lines of his. Some poetic- some just made me laugh and some help explain "the situation". Sorry Curtis- I didn't ask- I know you will be reading this. But I did warn you I was going to steal some of your lines...

The Days Run Away Like Wild Horses Over the Hills

The Dreams Slipped from my Pocket and Rolled Quickly from Grasp then Sight

But expectations, mine and others, like to ride heavy and loose on my back like a drunken monkey...

It is 4:22 AM and I just finished my book and your blog... Yep.... I read the whole thing......After the the "Matchmaker can't make me a match" cause I am a shriveled up 30 year old...BUT I will survive....... it became interesting..... and normal in a fun way....

I must apologize if anything I wrote seemed as if I was throwing lawn darts at the yellow plastic rings of your religion... that would be cheap, rude and outrageously ignorant....

...a culture that would make an educated, driven, intelligent young Dancing Freak feel bad that she has lived a great life, has great friends, has learned about her true self and true feelings and has the talent and experience to do whatever she wants in this amazing world we have that surrounds us.... a world right out our door if we dare to walk openingly into it..... on a nice fall day


but just as Alice went funky after that tricky fall, I am a tad dizzy after my McOmber blog reads....Ok... I have to get off your blog.... I do not drink or do drugs but reading your blog has my brain doing loops .... like dipping my grey matter in butter and paint thinner....

So I am bored and writing to someone whom I do not know..... Still don't know why..... Oh well, I'll just play through..... Don't worry... I "ain't a courtin" you.... no reason for the police to be involved....

The Drunken Sock Monkey Kept Eyeing Him as He Wrote Her Yet Again

The Olympics are so inspirational..... they make me feel my past actions have been somewhat lazy but that anything can happen in the future.... Anything... I like that......


Hope you don't mind my ramblings.... they are not structured like your email... you actually went point for point and answered... how linear of you.....

Chow Maine: Population 3

That's all folks!!!!!

2 comments:

The McKameys said...

Random! I searchedmy name on google and this post showed up. I'd never seen it. How did this come about?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.