Friday, August 29, 2008

Costa Rica Pura Vida

Just a note to all to let you know I am alive. We are in La Fortuna next the Arenal Volcano. Carlos our driver did an excellent job of navigating the windy mountainous roads- I would describe him as fearless. Amy decided that booking a driver and hostel for our first stop wasn´t a bad idea. Perfect for me... get settled in the country and then play along. The scenery is spectacular- so green and amazingly enough... tropical. I am loving being back in the humidity. At least in Arenal it isn´t that humid, just enough to know you´re not in Kanas anymore. I love how all the restaurants are "outside". There are canopies but few walls. Perpetual summer... The hostel is the nicest I´ve ever seen. Super friendly, safe, and complete with internet, pool, and resaurant. Amy and I have already wandered in town and found too many places we would like to spend our money. Tomorrow´s agenda- tackle the rain forest. Zip line through the canopy, horseback ride in the rain forest and then stop at a butterfly and frog reserve. Not too shabby, eh? Love you all!

Heather

No comments: