Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Flirty, 30, and Thriving!!!

I made it!!! Yesterday morning I officially became 30! Interesting how reaching such milestones affects you. I am 85% thrilled to be here. The other 15% wonders how that is possible. I love that when I look back I see I put my twenties to good use. I am grateful to be the person I am now and not where I was when I turned 20. I would hate to look back and see it any other way. Truthfully I am surprised at where I am- not what I expected. But at the end of the day- it is far greater and better. I have conquered many fears and have fewer weaknesses. I have tasted of the world and am not done trying all the flavors available. I am grateful for unfulfilled dreams because it gives me something to anticipate, live for, and learn from. And believe me- I've got enough dreams to keep me going. I am- and that is wonderful.
I could not let my 30th slide past- sneak in and out. I knew I would always regret it. So I decided to take a stand and do what I don't- I threw a party. And it was great! Granted it took about 2 hours into it for me to finally relax and realize it was a great turn out and stop worrying about it. But when you have amazing friends with exceptional talents... it was bound to be a success. Here is a shout out to Jeff Tueller, John Walker, Danny Wood, Krissy Rawlinson, and Iam Camp for the amazing live music which let me dance the night away. A shout out to Steve Soleberg for creating laughs and smiles in the crowd with his comedy. Finally-Heather Heiner and Athelia (CK) Wholley for being willing to join me in choreographing and performing a dance to my theme song- Dancing Queen by Abba. It was my party- I wanted to dance- so I did. I think we surprised more than not with our little routine... I couldn't have done it all without my family and roommates helping to pull it all together- thank you!! Oh, and how can I forget Ken Pomeroy who let us use his portion of the house for the band and dancing. Good neighbor is an understatement. In the end, I went to bed tired, but very happy. Happy guests, happy host- bringing in the new decade with zest! The only way...

There are pictures- but I don't have them yet- look for upcoming posts...

No comments: