Sunday, May 18, 2008

Highlights-- Things that Made me Smile

First rose buds blooming on my rose bushes
What are the odds-- Santa at Chili's right when the girls went- two tables away
Pink skin from being in the sun (including rooftop sunbathing waiting to get my hair cut)
Rehabing 2 USSA ski team athletes at the official training center in Park City
Banjo being played at Music and the Spoken Word
Elder Uchtdorf walking 3 feet away after Music and the Spoken Word
Courage to delete a number out of my phone
Reading the good word of God- the word which healeth the wounded soul
Happy geraniums on my front porch
Miracle- a date (me asking to make an appearance at a ward "bon fire" (not my definition of bon fire) as part of the evening) What can I say- I wanted to go...
Shopping with Emily
Open windows
Haircut and color
Inheriting my great grandmother's antique sewing machine
Sitting on my front porch
Front porch light working (because it is over 50 degrees)
Old friend coming to town next month that I haven't seen in 10 years
Buying a plane ticket!! Going home for some R and R
Living with the most amazing and greatest roommates possible

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great list of smile worthy things. The banjo was totally awesome, but don't forget the nice man playing the recorder a few songs earlier.

Robin said...

Hey, didn't know you had a blog! Hope you don't mind me peeking in, I got here through Anya's, whose blog address I finagled out of Emily at work...
Your haircut and color is totally cute, btw!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, seeing Santa at chili's was pretty cool!!