Saturday, July 5, 2008

Born on the 4th of July

Happy 4th of July!! Here is a glimpse of my celebration.

First off-- a hike in the Uintas to celebrate our country's beauty from sea to shining sea! Or at least peak to shining peak.

The Goal- Mt Bald




At the base: Ready for an adventure!



!!! What's This??? Sudden unexpected end to our adventuring... =(




Well, when life gives you snow- make snowmen!!





Sorry Emily, I didn't realize your eyes were closed. But the smile is excellent.






Believe it or not, Emily, this was one of your penguin shots!!





The runoff made for some excellent mud! Where's Emily's boot?

We were not satisfied with our anti-climatic end to Mt Bald. So Emily and I found another trail. Which turned out to be a meadow stroll. Not much of a hike, but beautiful- (minus the fragrant deer carcass decomposing on the trail). However- it will be perfect for beginning mountain biking! I want to learn, but need to ease my way into it.
After a quick tour of Emily's family farm house in Marion , complete with lunch, I was off to American Fork for a family movie- WALL E. A beautiful backroad drive (I know, imgaine that- me taking a back road...) through Heber to arrive just in time. FYI: loved it!!! I have a total crush on WALL E. But at times couldn't decide if I loved the movie or watching my nephew Jacob watch the movie more.



Then it was off to Lehi for dinner. Don't worry, I showered when we got back to the house. Perfect timing- I cleaned up and it was all ready. How lucky am I?
So as it turned out we ended up with a married table, a singles table on the end, and a kids table. Seating was not intentional-- separating us singles but at least I have progressed up a table.




Final festivities: Sparklers!!!




The night was topped off with a slumber party in Jody's room. I had the princess canopy bed and Jody had cushions covered in pink blankets on the floor next to me. Both of us fell asleep perfectly content.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I especially love that I'm leaning away from the mountain. Nice photos, Heather! You captured it well. :)

Robin said...

Snow on the 4th of July! I could not handle that!