Sunday, January 3, 2010

To Get to the Other Side

HOPE
Comes-
Because I can rise above what I currently am to become what I most desire
Despite-
My complete inability to achieve it on my own strength and power
Possible-
Because the power of God and the Atonement of Christ overcomes all weaknesses
That is hope, that is power, that is confidence, that is possibility.

I see where I am- and -I see where I desperately want/need to be. The gap between the two is so wide and the chasm so deep the enormity and impossibility of it threatens to envelop me and make me a prisoner of my own limitations. I cannot remember ever feeling so incapable on my own. Then I realize that Christ has overcome the world and with God nothing is impossible. The change I seek and journey to the other side is possible. I believe in Christ- I believe in the power of the atonement. I seek it- not specifically for sin in this case, but for progression and ability to become. Without this hope and faith I am lost- With this hope and faith I am found.

No comments: